Hiromi "Spiral" Review

Well here it is, my first review. Well a mini review to be honest, as I'll be reviewing a single track. So bare with me here people.

 A friend on a forums site I go to called CAWs.ws recently sent me a link to download a track from his band from 2004. The song is called Spiral, and the band's name is Hiromi. I'll be honest, I didn't really know what to expect when I first downloaded the link. My friend (whose name is Fried on the forums) is a fellow metal head, and shares a lot of the same favorite bands as me. So I went to Windows media player, and started up the song.


And damn, was it good. The song mostly consists of drums, guitar riffs, and some electronic keyboard playing, with pretty much no vocals outside of a few screams every now and then. The song itself is pretty nice in my opinion. It basically sounds like Burzum got put in a blender with some keyboarding from the 1980's.


As far as faults with it go, there aren't a whole lot to me. It's a little low quality, but that's to expect from a hand made recording back in 04. That, and I do wish there was more vocals then just the ocassional scream. Other then that, it's a fairly well worked song in my eyes (or ears).


All in all, Spiral is a pretty decent song. Well, that's about it really. Stay tuned for more posts from well, me (who else would you expect, Marvin the Martian?).


B -



Comments